Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Sunday Thank You

Here's a short piece on CNN this morning about a fellow who converts engines using diesel fuel to ones that can use vegetable oil. Not that I have a particular interest in this process, nor can I believe it involves only snipping and reattaching a few hoses here and there, but I loved the quote at the end:

"If you're emitting half the carbon dioxide that our neighbor is, that means one of two things: Either your neighbor can drive twice as much, or you're having a significant positive impact on the environment."

And it is for this reason that I thank the alternative fuel movement, since any modicum of guilt I could possibly feel for driving is mitigated knowing that others are taking the effort to compensate for my transportation pollution. Thanks, environmentalists!

No comments: