Friday, April 11, 2008

Limited Only by the Extent of the Market

The Perfect Substitute recently hit the 10,000 visitors mark. Such high demand and expanding market prompted Matt and David to divide and specialize a bit further by inviting me to join in production. So a brief introduction….I have defended my dissertation on Taxation and Space, and will soon take the post of Assistant Professor of Public Finance in SPEA at Indiana University in Bloomington. My fields are public, urban, and regional economics with my econometric interests in spatial, quantile, and Bayesian methods. I think of myself as a classical liberal, but I limit my political activism to small one-time donations to the campaigns of candidates I especially despise (a suggestion I picked up from Tyler Cowen’s Discover Your Inner Economist). I look forward to posting on the Perfect Substitute, where the experts go first.

No comments: