Friday, September 18, 2009

My Top 10 Non-Munger EconTalk's

This is based on a request from a student. The list is geared towards students or others without an econ background, that I would use to try and get them interested in the subject. It is "non-Munger" because it is easy enough to just say "all the ones with Munger are excellent." If I get a chance soon, I will rank my favorite Munger episodes, just for the fun of it.
  1. Roberts on the Least Pleasant Jobs
  2. Michael Lewis on the Hidden Economics of Baseball and Football
  3. Bruce Yandle on Bootleggers and Baptists
  4. The Economics of Religion
  5. The Economics of Organ Donations
  6. Boettke on Katrina and the Economics of Disaster
  7. Caplan on Discrimination and Labor Markets
  8. McKenzie on Prices
  9. Sowell on Economic Facts and Fallacies
  10. Caplan on the Myth of the Rational Voter
I was really splitting hairs to make this list. I found it very difficult to keep the list at 10, and there are several I like more but thought they'd be less interesting to someone new to the subject.

No comments: