Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Status Quo or No?

Question: If you were given the option of freezing all U.S. law at its current point, so that no revisions good or bad could be passed, would you take it? We would be stuck with many terrible laws and regulations, but things on the whole are still pretty good and politicians present and future would not be able to make them worse.

I'm thinking I would take the status quo permanently, but maybe I'm short-sighted with the 3 awful potential presidents on the campaign trail. I look forward to the comments on this one.

1 comment:

Matt E. Ryan said...

Now this is a fantastic question. Health care and social security, without change, would lead to some problems in the future...but are there possibilities to mangle things even worse before that?

I'm going to have to go against this one...but both sides can be argued with merit.