Monday, September 15, 2008

Should We Care about a President's Parenting Skills?

Hit & Run has the online debate with comments. Palin's entry has made the race more interesting as a form of entertainment precisely because it shows us how ugly people pursuing power become. I do like the question as to whether or not we should interest ourselves in their parenting ability.

First, I would like to point out that I have never heard the public or media question a male candidate's ability to parent while in office, but that is aside from the point.

Now to the question....since these people are competing over the right to rule over me, tell me what to do, what to eat, what to drink, what to drive, where to drive it, who to hire, who to work for, who to go to school with, who to marry, who to pray to, and a myriad of other activities, then I have the right to know what kind of parent they are going to be.

People used to say "we can't choose who are parents are." We can now, and we should be fully informed of our choices.

Also Read: Don Boudreaux.

No comments: